Friday, February 4, 2011

Puckered pillows

       I have no idea if that's what they are called but its what I call them. And I really like them. This is what I am talking about.


      I'm not sure if I'm the only one has noticed this, but pillow shams and decorative pillows are ridiculously over priced. I simply cant bring my thrifty lil heart to spend $20 on a pillow I know it took only about  a fourth or half yard of fabric to make! I have no problems, however, staring at them in the store and then going home and shamelessly copying what I just saw.
      I needed some shames for the pillows on my bed so I copied this puckered pillow look. I bought a queen size flat white sheet at Walmart for about $5. Sheets are a great source for cheap material! I made two pillow shams and didn't even use half of it so they cost me maybe a dollar each? To make the puckers you just draw dots where you want them and then gather up a small amount of material like so.




      Sew over it back and forth several times. Do all the dots that way, turn right side out and your done! Cheap and pretty pillows! Pillows might be the funnest thing to make to me because they are so fast, cheap, and add so much to your decor. I made two more for my bed out the sleeves of an old sweater, and a ruffled one out of a shirt that shrunk in the wash.


   

1 comment: