Tuesday, March 1, 2011

An unconventional spring wreath


 Most times the projects I like the best are those done with stuff I already have that is just laying around. A project that requires no money spent, and no running to the store for that one thing you don't have is a perfect project in my book!


     I'm in the midst of changing up my decor to look a bit more spring like, and wanted something to hang on my antique window.  I had a pack of these decorative balls to play with.

    
     I wired them together to form a circle.


     A generous dose of white spray paint and a few bits of ribbon later I have my wreath.



     The green ribbon doesn't show up well against the green wall, but that window is getting turned into a mirror shortly so that will fix it nicely. The shadows due to the massive amount of windows in our living room aren't helping either. My springifying is coming together rather nicely. Yes, springify is a word... you just think it's not a word! What does spell check know anyway!
Linking to:
Tea Rose Home Link Party
Sew Much Ado: We did it!
Someday Crafts Whatever goes wednesday
Inspired by charm

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely. I might have to borrow this idea. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wreath is sooo fun. That is so creative! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am your newest follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so creative! I noticed that there is a spring decor party going on at Inspired by Charm. You should check it out. Here's the link http://www.inspiredbycharm.com/2011/03/welcome-to-my-little-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a beautiful wreath! How creative and yet so simple to make.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Tracy http://allthumbscrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete