Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday Favorites - Designs I'm liking lately

     Well, I promised a skirt tutorial this week, but I fibbed. I've had a teething baby this week, who is not at all happy about life, so a few things I had planned to do had to go by the wayside. It will be here next week though for sure. In the mean time, I thought I'd show you a few styles I've seen around lately that I am just dying to try. Your thoughts and opinions are always welcomed and appreciated.
     1.) Layered sheers. I love the floaty, light look these layers have.

layered sheers| Piperlime

layered sheers | Piperlime

      2.) Kimono Sleeve Maxi. This looks rediculously comfortable to wear, not to mention ridiculously easy to make!

kimono sleeve maxi | Piperlime
   
      3.) Using dye to create color blocks. This could be so fun, imagine all the color combinations you could have!

Pinned Image

     4.) Striped Maxi dress. I love.

wide striped maxi | Piperlime

Striped Maxi| Piperlime

      5.) Tulip skirts. I like the variety from just a plain high/low hemline.

cute tulip skirt

     6.) Jumpsuits. Ok, so this one I'm on the fence about. I've always thought these were just the most awful things ever...but lately I've seen some that I think actually look pretty decent. I just would think that the waist would be problematic...either too low, so the pants would be slouchy, or too high, so the top would be an unflattering bubble. Anybody have any experiences or thoughts on these?

Women: Jumpsuits Dresses | Piperlime

Women: Jumpsuits Dresses | Piperlime
  
      Well anyway, as you can see, the idea train just keeps chugging around here. That's the fun part though, trying something new, and learning as you go. Wouldn't it be boring to do the same thing over and over?! Hope you have a happy weekend!

Nahum 1:7   The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him. 
Pin It

1 comment: