Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday Favorites - All of the Above

     The sun is shining and it's Friday...such a lovely combination. I feel bad being grouchy about all the rain, since I know most of the rest of the country really needs it. I wish I could box some up and send it to you, really I do. Here's all my random delights from this last week. Have a browse and enjoy.

1. This crochet skirt, which is just fabulous in my opinion. Its very similar to my tablecloth skirt, and now I'm fixated on finding a bigger tablecloth so I can have a long one to dip dye.

 :)
Pinterest (I tried finding the source, anyone know?)


2. The fact that sparkles, metallics, and shine are all the rage for Fall. I adore shine in any form...as evidenced by the addition of many new shiny and sparkly things to my Etsy shop. I plan to contribute to the trend as much as possible.

fall sparkle

Silver Sequin Tank, Metallic Tank, Silver Metallic Tank

3. This wrap skirt tutorial made by Ikatbags. Its for woven fabric, and has great info about darts and such.


4. YOU! Some of you have dropped back around over the last few months to show me things you've made using my tutorials...and I LOVE it! 
  • Carmon from Vintage is Better made herself a batwing top. See it here. 
  • Jessica from JWO Designs made a cute fishtale skirt using my maxi skirt tutorial. See it here.
  • Crafted by Mama made a smocked maxi skirt. See it here.
  • Nadia made her very first skirt using the smocked maxi skirt tutorial! See it here.
     The whole reason I write tutorials, is to help people see how simple and understandable sewing can be. Its so liberating to know you don't just have to be stuck with what you can afford/find at a store to wear...and anyone can do it!

     Well, I'm off to my crazy cycle of cramming as much work as possible in between the needs of two very active little people. Have a fabulous weekend!

Deuteronomy 7:9   Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations; 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment