Wednesday, July 11, 2012

New Look for the Mantle

     My mantle makes me happy all year long. It brings warmth to the front room, and it's about the only thing I regularly decorate. Everything else in my house usually stays pretty much the same. I decided the Spring look I had going needed a change.


      I found the huge clock face and the globe bookends a thrift store recently. I love clocks, maps and books, so those were great finds! I'm sure I'll probably spray paint the clock face, and hang it at some point.  For now, though, I like it just the way it is.



      The big letter "F" and the lantern were clearance finds from Hobby Lobby. I can almost always find the funnest stuff for usually five dollars or less by digging through their clearance stuff.


     I do believe I like my new look very much indeed!


     What's your pet spot in your house to mess with?

Psalms 28:7   The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Hello Abby,
    I'm Carmen, beekeeper and sewer from Italy. I love your blog and your wonderful tutorials. Please come and visit my blog, you'll find my "batwing top" made by me using your tutorial. I've also put a link back to your blog. I like to follow your blog, cause I like sewing for myself and I learn a lot thanks to you.
    Best regards,
    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clock face is such a fun piece to incorporate into your decor! The only decorating I've been doing is cluttering the house with endless kiddie stuff (has seriously taken over every room).

    ReplyDelete